Students who wish to submit a petition should first go to their college and meet with the Advsing Staff.
Enterable Forms: Old GE Substitution Form New GE Substitution Form Other Petition Form
**All Petitions will require the appropriate CEP Petition Form and the following documents before CEP will review for discussion:**
- College Advising form with Adviser's and Provost Signatures.
- Brief justification on type of request - should be written by requester.
- Transcripts. CEP prefers the Student Advising Summary for UCSC courses.
- For GE substitutions from other higher education institutions, the student must first obtain a review of transfer credit report from Admissions.
- Any other relevent documentation necessary to plead your case, i.e. other college course description, medical documentation, etc.
Types of Petitions Reviewed by CEP:
- W or DC Substitutions(always denied) must be courses taken at UCSC, courses from other institutions will not satisfy this GE requirement.
- Catalog Year Changes see your advisor.
- Enrollment Adjustments: Add, Drop, or Withdrawal from a Course must have exceptional circumstances, otherwise all are denied. (w grade notation).
- Credit for a Course use the Registrar's Petition for Credit Form.
- Grade Changes must be appealed to AAGC and are not in CEP's authority.
- General Education Substitutions.
- Grade Options are always denied except for students who have maxed out on credits over the 25% Pass/ NP Limit, EAP students who must have a grade, some exceptions.
- Grade Replacement Requests for one course to serve as grade replacement for another course are denied per Systemwide Senate Regulation 762.
- Late drop of a class must have exceptional circumstances, otherwise all are denied.
- Repeat Credit of courses that do not have repeat for credit status always denied.
- Waiver of 2 Units for Graduation per SCR 10.1.6.
- Withdrawal from the University - Contact Your Advisor ( CEP is not authorized to approve)