General Education Requirements for Course Development
The General Education Requirements are meant to accomplish several goals:
- Provide students with a base knowledge and skills that future learning can build on.
- Expose students to a broad range of disciplines and methodologies, to better prepare them for a world of complex problems and rapid changes.
- Enhance the abilities of students to apporach problems in appropriately analytical ways.
- Prepare students to function as responsible and informed participants in civic life, considering pressing societal issues (such as the environmeent, the economy) productively and from a variety of perspectives.
- Please use the GE Requirements Table to learn about educational objectives and the course approval form.
December 1: Deadline for course and major sponsoring units to submit their Disciplinary Communication and General Education proposals to their dean's office.
December 8: Deadline for dean's to forward proposals to CEP.
Course Approval Forms